This recipe for baked pineapple bread pudding is very easy to prepare, and the chopped pecans give the dessert crunch and texture. Feel free to use chopped walnuts if you prefer.
For extra texture, add half crushed pineapple, and half tidbits, or add a small can of drained pineapple tidbits along with the crushed pineapple..
If you need a simple sauce, take a look at the quick brown sugar sauce below the recipe.
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 4 eggs
- 1 can crushed pineapple, drained (14 ounces)
- 2 cups French bread cubes (about 1/2-inch pieces)
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
1. Heat the oven to 350 F.
2. Butter a 1 1/2-quart casserole dish.
3. In a large bowl with mixer on medium speed, beat butter, sugar, and cinnamon for about 1 minute, scraping the bowl frequently. Add eggs; beat on high speed for 2 minutes, or until light and fluffy. Fold in remaining ingredients; pour into the prepared casserole.
4. Bake in the preheated oven for 40 to 45 minutes, or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.
Tips and Variations
Replace the crushed pineapple with drained and chopped pineapple chunks.
Quick Brown Sugar Sauce: In a saucepan over medium heat, bring 1 cup of packed light brown sugar, 1 stick (4 ounces) of butter, and 1/4 cup of evaporated milk or whole milk to a boil. Cook, stirring, for 1 to 2 minutes, or until the sugar has dissolved. Remove from the heat and stir in 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract. Drizzle over pudding or ice cream.
Take a look at these top 12 bread pudding recipes for more ideas.