The Pink Elephant is so named because the marula tree, which bears the berries used to make Amarula, is also called an "elephant tree" because of the animal's fondness for the fruit. After a sip or two of the drink, you may just be as infatuated because it is one delicious cocktail.
- Combine all ingredients, except cream and sugar, with ice into one shaker and shake.
- Strain into a Martini glass.
- In a separate shaker, combine cream and sugar and shake vigorously without ice.
- Carefully layer the cream on top of the base.
- Garnish with a raspberry and mint sprig on the rim.
- For a "campfire" effect, flavor the cream with hickory smoke.
Recipe courtesy: Amarula Cream