Serve this peach dish with a delicious honey and peach brandy poaching liquid. You can also use peach nectar in the syrup.
- 2 1/2 cups water
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup peach brandy or peach nectar
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 6 to 8 small ripe, firm peaches
- In a 4 to 6 quart saucepan, combine the water, orange juice, peach brandy or nectar, sugar, honey, and vanilla. Bring to a full boil.
- Add peaches and return to a boil. Reduce heat to low, cover, and continue at a simmer for 15 to 20 minutes, until peaches are tender.
- Using a slotted spoon, remove peaches to a bowl to cool completely.
- Boil the syrup for about 10 minutes, or until reduced by about half. Cool syrup.
- To serve, peel the peaches and serve with the syrup.
Add a cinnamon stick or a few cloves to the simmering syrup.
You Might Also Like