This easy pork chop casserole recipe is perfect for an everyday family dinner. The stuffing is made with herb stuffing mix, such as Stove-Top. Or use this homemade stuffing crumb recipe.
Pork rib chops or loin chops are excellent choices for this dish, and pork chops on the bone will be more flavorful than boneless.
Add a tossed salad, steamed vegetables, or sliced fresh vegetables and cranberry sauce for a quick and easy and tasty weekday meal.
"This Recipe is great. I am always looking for a variety of ways to make pork chops. The stuffing was a plus. I added pork chop gravy to top everything off, and my family loved it." — S.T.
- extra virgin olive oil or vegetable oil
- 4 pork chops, about 3/4 to 1 inch in thickness
- kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup julienne sliced carrots or about 3/4 cup shredded or diced carrots
- 1 box stuffing mix with herbs, about 6 to 8 ounces
- 1 1/4 cups chicken stock or broth, low sodium or unsalted
- Heat oven to 350 F (180 C/Gas 4).
- Grease a shallow baking dish (7x11 or 9x13-inch, large enough for the 4 chops).
- Coat the bottom of a large skillet with olive oil; heat over medium heat until very hot.
- Rinse the chops and pat dry with paper towels. Sprinkle with kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Add the pork chops to the skillet and cook for 2 to 3 minutes on each side, or until the are nicely browned. Remove the pork chops to a plate.
- Add butter to the skillet and reduce heat to medium-low.
- Add the chopped celery, onion, and carrots; saute for about 3 to 4 minutes, just until vegetables are tender.
- Add the stuffing mix and chicken broth to the sauteed vegetables; stir until blended and the stuffing mix is thoroughly moistened.
- Spoon the mixture into the prepared baking dish; top with the seared pork chops.
- Cover the dish tightly with foil and bake in the preheated oven for about 35 minutes.
Tips and Variations
- Brush the pork chops with barbecue sauce or marmalade before baking.
- Add chopped or sliced mushrooms to the skillet along with the celery, onion, and carrots.
You Might Also Like