This pork tenderloin is finished with a sour cream sauce. The quick and easy pork medallions are served with hot cooked noodles. Or serve them with briefly cooked zucchini or summer squash "noodles."
Alternatively, serve the pork with roasted potatoes and steamed vegetables.
- Rub sliced meat with mixture of sage, salt, and pepper. In a deep skillet or sauté pan (with cover) or Dutch oven, brown meat lightly on both sides in hot oil; add onion and cook for 3 to 4 minutes longer, until onion is tender. Drain off excess fat.
- Dissolve bouillon or base in the 1/4 cup boiling water; pour over meat. Cover and simmer for 10 to 15 minutes, or until meat is cooked through. Remove meat from pan. The minimum safe temperature for pork is 145 F.
- Meanwhile, cook the noodles following package directions.
- Combine sour cream and flour in a small bowl. Gradually add meat drippings to sour cream mixture, stirring constantly. Return mixture to the skillet; cook and stir just until boiling. Add water until sauce is the desired consistency.
- Place the pork tenderloin medallions atop the hot cooked noodles and spoon gravy over all.
- Serves 6.