Pork tenderloin is nicely seasoned and cooked with a wonderful creamy mustard sauce in this easy recipe. The pork tenderloin is sliced about 3/4 inch thick but can be pressed or gently pounded to make the medallions thinner for quicker cooking.
- 2 pork tenderloins, about 1 to 1 1/2 pounds total
- 3 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 medium shallot, finely chopped
- 8 ounces sliced mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons white wine or apple juice
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard or good quality gourmet mustard
- 1 to 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- Trim the pork of excess fat and remove the silver skin. Cut into 3/4-inch slices. Set aside.
- In a large skillet, melt 2 tablespoons of butter over medium heat. Add the shallot and mushrooms and cook, stirring, until mushrooms are tender. Remove the mushrooms to a plate and set aside. Add the remaining tablespoon of butter to the skillet along with the olive oil.
- Cook the pork medallions for about 10 minutes, turning to brown both sides, or until cooked through. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and remove to a warm plate; keep warm.
- Add wine or apple juice to the skillet. Stir in the cream and mustard; bring to a boil. Boil, stirring, for about 2 minutes. Add the mushrooms to the cream mixture and cook for 1 minute longer.
- Arrange pork medallions on a serving platter and spoon mushroom sauce over all. Sprinkle with chopped parsley, if desired.
- Serve with noodles, rice, or potatoes, along with a tossed salad or steamed vegetables. Serves 4.
Pork Tenderloin With Herb and Mustard Butter
A combination of butter, fresh herbs, and mustard flavor these pork tenderloin medallions perfectly. This is an easy dish to prepare and cook and goes well with potatoes, rice, or noodles.
Pork Tenderloin With Mushrooms and Caramelized Onions
Caramelized onions give this quick and easy pork tenderloin fabulous flavor. Serve the pork with hot cooked rice, buttered pasta, or potatoes for a great family meal.
Thyme-Crusted Pork Tenderloin
This simple pork tenderloin recipe is made with just a few ingredients. The tenderloins are roasted to perfection with the flavorful rub.
Grilled Pork Tenderloin
This great-tasting pork tenderloin is marinated in a simple mixture of salsa verde, lime juice, garlic, and scallions. Serve this delightful grilled pork sliced, with more salsa verde on the side, garnished with fresh chopped cilantro.
Pork Tenderloin Medallions With a Simple Marsala Sauce
Marsala wine gives this simple pork tenderloin dish fabulous flavor. Serve the pork tenderloin with hot cooked rice, buttered pasta, or potatoes for a great family meal.