Use leeks to make this tasty potato soup, if you don't have wild leeks or seasonal ramps.
- 4 to 6 slices bacon
- 4 cups chopped ramps (including green)
- 4 to 5 cups diced red potatoes
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup heavy cream
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- In a large skillet or Dutch oven, fry bacon until crispy; set bacon aside.
- Add ramps and potatoes to the skillet; fry on medium-low heat until ramps are tender.
- Sprinkle with flour; stir until flour is absorbed.
- Stir in chicken broth; simmer until potatoes are tender. Stir in the cream and heat thoroughly. Add salt and pepper to taste.
Serves 4 to 6.