This casserole is rich and flavorful, with cream-style cottage cheese, sour cream, and garlic.
The potatoes make an extra-special side dish, perfect for a Sunday dinner, potluck, or holiday feast.
- 5 cups potatoes (diced, about 1/2-inch dice*)
- 2 cups cottage cheese (cream-style)
- 1 cup reduced fat sour cream
- 1/3 cup green onions (chopped)
- 1 large clove garlic (minced)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 cup shredded American cheese (or mild Cheddar)
- Optional: dash paprika
- Cook the potatoes in boiling salted water just until tender, about 5 to 8 minutes.
- In a large bowl combine the cream-style cottage cheese, sour cream, green onion, garlic, and salt.
- Add the in potatoes and stir gently to blend ingredients. Transfer the potato mixture to a greased 1 1/2-quart baking dish. Top with the shredded cheese and sprinkle paprika over the top of the potatoes, if using.
- Bake at 350° for 40 to 50 minutes, until hot and bubbly.
*Use red-skinned potatoes, new potatoes, or round whites in this dish.