Fresh or frozen green peas add flavor and color to this well-seasoned potato salad. This salad is easy to make and perfect for any cookout or potluck.
- 2 pounds red-skinned potatoes, peeled, cut into 1/2-inch chunks
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 hard-boiled eggs, peeled and chopped
- 1 cup fresh or frozen peas, cooked, drained
- 1/2 cup finely chopped red onion
- 2/3 to 1 cup mayonnaise, as desired
- 1 tablespoon sour cream, optional
- 2 to 3 teaspoons prepared mustard, or to taste
- salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Put potatoes in a saucepan and cover with water; add 1 teaspoon salt. Bring to a boil. Cover and cook for 15 to 20 minutes, just until tender.
- Drain and transfer to a bowl; add chopped eggs, peas, and onion. Cover and refrigerate until chilled.
- In a cup or bowl, combine 2/3 cup mayonnaise, sour cream, and mustard. Gently stir into the potato mixture until blended. Add more mayonnaise, if desired. Taste and add salt and pepper to taste. Serves 4 to 6.
More Potato Salad Recipes
Baked Potato Salad
Potato Salad With Dill Relish
Perfect Potato Salad
Potato Salad With Bacon
Picnic Potato Salad
Red, White, and Blue Potato Salad
Roasted Potato Salad
Salad Recipes & Dressings