Hi there! We’re The Spruce, and our mission is to help you make your best home. Whether that entails some light inspiration or a full-blown project, we’re equipped with expert intel, actionable steps, and most importantly, answers.
Our team of 35+ expert writers includes professional contractors, landscapers, master gardeners, registered vet technicians, doctors of veterinary medicine, and well-known crafting bloggers and influencers. Each expert is armed with extensive knowledge and experience in their topic of specialty.
Why We’re Awesome
- We help over 1 million readers every day
- Trusted by 30 million readers monthly
- #1 website in Comscore's lifestyle / home category
- 1.3M Facebook fans
- 500K Pinterest followers
- 245k+ Instagram followers
- 25,000+ articles designed to help and inspire
- 2020 Digiday Media Awards, Winner, Best User Experience
- 2020 Folio: Eddie & Ozzie Awards, Honorable Mention, Best Consumer Video
- 2018 Communicator Award, Winner, General Lifestyle
- 2018 W3 Award, Silver Winner, Website Features, Visual Appeal — Experience
- 2018 Davey Award, Silver Winner, Websites — Lifestyle
- 2019 Communicator Award, Winner, Websites — User Experience
- 2019 Telly Awards, Winner, The Spruce x Lowe’s (Campaign: B2C – Bronze, Single: How-to/DIY – Silver, Single: B2C – Silver)
- 2019 Folio: Eddie and Ozzie Awards, Finalist, Instructional / How-to
- 2019 W3 Award, Winner, Lifestyle Website
Want to Get in Touch?
Mélanie Berliet and Allison Bean are available to talk about all things home, gardening, pets, events and celebrations, and more. For bookings and inquiries, reach out to email@example.com.
Press and Mentions
- Atlanta Journal-Constitution: Embrace Fall With These Rustic Retreats
- House Beautiful: Trader Joe's is Currently Selling Coffee Plants for $8 And We've Never Felt So Alive
- Atlanta Journal-Constitution: Timeless Beauty in Traditional Design
- TODAY: Electricity Bills Are on the Rise. Here's How to Lower Them.
- Business Insider: IAC's Dotdash Has Built a Profitable Business Out of Service Content. Now It's Setting Its Sights on Selling Products.
- NBC News: College & Coronavirus — Packing During the Pandemic
- Parade: How to Get Rid of Fleas on Dogs at Home With Natural Remedies
- NBC News: Bringing the Big Screen to Your Backyard
- Romper: How to Prepare Your Pet for Going Back to Work After Quarantine
- The Day: Natural Ways to Fight Weeds
- Atlanta Journal-Constitution: Extend Your Living Space Outdoors With These Aspirational Patios and Decks
- Yahoo: Adorable Moment Sloth Falls Asleep While Getting Chin Scratched
- Mental Floss: 10 Surprising Used for Coffee That Don't Involve Drinking It
- Richmond Times-Dispatch: Building a Home Office
- Slate: Are Your Indoor Plants in Need of a Healthy Boost?
- Delish: Trader Joe's Is Selling Coffee Plants So Fire Up Your Green Thumb
- Moms: The Pros & Cons of Hang Drying Your Laundry Outside
- Well + Good: The Surprising Plant Fertilizer You've Already Got In Your Fridge
- USA Today: What Is The Best Shampoo for Dogs? 14 Fantastic Options
- Money: The Absolute Best Vacuum Cleaners for Your Money
- License Global: The Spruce Releases Pet Care Collection
- Dog O Day: Dry Shampoo for Dogs Is The Latest Trend With The Help of The Spruce
- Kiplinger: 52 Super Deals and Discounts for 2020
- Petoskey News-Review: Important Life Skills for Kids to Know by Age 10
- Atlanta Journal-Constitution: 5 DIY Projects Under $75 to Spruce Your Home Up This Summer
- Romper: 10 Neighborhoods in the US That Are Making the Most Out of Quarantine
- NBC News: The Do's and Don'ts of Life in Quarantine
- Yahoo: How to Create Your Own Face Mask Without Sewing Anything
- Cosmopolitan: 6 DIY Face Masks You Can Totally Make RN
- Lonny: Easy DIY Projects With Things Your Already Have at Home
- The Oklahoman: Tips for Being an In-The-Know Thrift Store Shopper
- Parents: Wine Cork Crafts for Kids, Because We Know You Have Them on Hand
- Seattle Times: Finally Accepting That You Need a Home Office? Here's How to Do it Cheaply
- The Washington Post: Everything You Need to Know to Set Up a Home Office Fast
- Cheapism: Do Diluted Soaps, Detergents, and Shampoos Still Work?
- NBC News: Cleaning for Coronavirus
- Realtor Magazine: How to Best Navigate New Color Trends
- Fox 5: Millennials Embracing "Plant Parenthood"
- Fox 5: The High Costs of Dog Ownership Shock Some Owners
- Cheddar TV: Tips to Marie Kondo Your Home and Life in 2020
- NBC News: Rules for Regifting
- Cheddar TV: Christmas Gifts You Can Make Yourself
- NBC News: How To Save Time & Money On Thanksgiving Prep, According To Martha Stewart & Other Pros
- Digiday: 'Contextual Shopping': Publishers Are Using Model Homes For Retail Experiences
- The Zoe Report: Fall Home Decor Trends for Those Who Are Obsessed With Neutrals
- Coatings World: Dotdash Brand Helping Painters ‘Spruce Up’ Their Homes with First-Ever Paint Collection
- The Lisa Show, BYU: Making Your Home Cozy
- The Lisa Show, BYU: Making Overnight Guests Feel Welcome
- Domino: Moving Has Never Been Easier, Thanks to This Handy Checklist
- The Washington Post: The pros and cons of 6 driveway materials
- The Hustle: Former search engine star About.com partners with Amazon
- Axios: Scoop: Dotdash to launch commerce line with Amazon
- PR Newswire: Dotdash Brand The Spruce Launches First-Ever Paint Collection
- Media Post: The Spruce, KILZ Launch D2C Paint Collection With Amazon
- Digiday: The Spruce kept advertisers and audiences coming back in its first year
- Greatist: 8 Super-Simple Ways to Clean Out the Junk Hiding in Your Kitchen
- METRO US: How to hygge like a true Scandinavian
- All the Stuff: STUDIO APARTMENT DECORATING: 58 Interior Designers Share Their Ideas
- Greatist: The 11 Grossest Things You Use Every Single Day and Don't Know How to Clean
“Thank you for writing a clear, articulate and helpful piece on thermostat problems. I like the way the problems are detailed and the answers are easily understood. There is a lot of information on the subject and I now have several ways to check and see if I can figure out my particular problem!” — Catriona M.
“Dear Spruce, I just want you to know how much I enjoy your website. Your tips are fabulous. Keep up the great posts. They are appreciated! A satisfied reader,” — Sue B.
“I just wanted to say thank you for providing helpful information free of charge! My wife and I just purchased our first home, and I appreciate having your site as a valuable resource.” — Chris S.
“For the past month, my colleagues and I have been going through your articles (linking and sharing them too), as we found this to be a very reliable and entertaining source of information. I would just like to say that your team at The Spruce is doing a terrific job! Keep it up.” — Laura S.