If your patio table is not looking its best—maybe it needs to be refinished, repaired or replaced—you can always rely on an outdoor tablecloth to cover its flaws. A carefully chosen tablecloth can add color and vibrancy to an outdoor dining space, complementing nearby cushions and pillows, flowers, trees and shrubs in bloom or a pool or pond. Before you go shopping, measure the table and know its shape: round, oval, square or rectangular. Check out our picks for this season's tablecloths.
01 of 07
What: Rectangular tablecloth with tropical floral print.
Brand: Tommy Bahama
Details: Part of Tommy's African Orchid table linen collection, this linen tablecloth is easy to care for and can be used indoors or out--provided it is not left outside for any great length of time.
- 60 x 102 inches oblong
- Fabric is 68 percent polyester, 24 percent linen and 8 percent rayon.
- Care: Machine washable.
02 of 07
What: Emily print tablecloth.
Details: Pretty tablecloths that come in two sizes: 70-inch round (for tables up to 60 inches in diameter, or a 60 x 90-inch rectangle.
- Made of mercerized 100 percent Indian cotton with a smooth finish and rich color saturation.
- Green and gold floral print on a yellow background, blue with yellow and green accents, or white with lavender, green and yellow accents.
- Care: Machine wash in cold water and tumble dry on a low-heat setting.
03 of 07
What: A zippered tablecloth to use with outdoor tables that have holes for umbrellas.
Details: Oblong or round tablecloth in green lattice print.
- Spill-proof and easy to clean
- 100 percent polyester
- Sizes: 60 x 84 inches, 60 x 120 inches or 60-inch round
- Also available in summer stripe design
04 of 07
What: Lemon Tree Indoor-Outdoor Spill-proof Tablecloth
Brand: Creative Dining
Details: A colorful tablecloth that works for indoors or outside and is resistant to accidental spills.
Continue to 5 of 7 below.
- Mold resistant
- Heavyweight fabric in a heat-transfer that is easy to care for and clean
- Available in assorted sizes, including 52 x 70 inches, 60 x 84 inches, 60 x 104 inches and 60 x 120 inches
- A blue, green and white zinnia print is available in the same spill-proof style and sizes.
05 of 07
What: Oilcloth tablecloth in various prints
Details: Oilcloth is usually heavier than most vinyl material and has a sheen that lends a certain quality to the retro prints. This particular style is a round tablecloth, suitable for indoor or outdoor use.
- Available in 6, 8, and 10-seater size
- Machine washable
- Available in Doilie Berry, Blue and Oatmeal
06 of 07
What: Red-and-white checkered (gingham) flannel-back tablecloth
Brand: Blue Hill,
Details: When you see a red-and-white gingham tablecloth, does a mom-and-pop Italian restaurant or a classic picnic in the park come to mind? Perfect for summer, nautical or patriotic-themed parties, this tablecloth is cool in a simple, unpretentious way. Made of vinyl. Also comes in different colors, with white.
07 of 07
What: Clear vinyl tablecloth in assorted sizes
Brand: Benson Mills
Details: You have a tablecloth you love and want to use outdoors. So go ahead and use it--just cover it with a clear vinyl tablecloth, like Grandma used to do with her velour sofa. It's an inexpensive investment and allows you to use something you already have. Available in 13 different sizes, meaning pretty much every table you own can be covered!