With the excitement of back to school all around this month, let's make a fun treat for the kids to make and celebrate! They are simple enough for little ones to help with, making it a great way to share in the celebration together.
Here's the how to for Pretzel Pencils for Back to School!
01 of 04
These would make a great gift for a teacher. Make 5 or 6 of these pencils and place them on a decorative plate to share with their teacher. You could also make some for the school staff. I'm sure the teacher's lounge would love a whole tray of these to celebrate the start of school.
You can also make these treats for a special after school surprise for the kiddies. They'd love to munch on these while finishing up their homework!
Here's the recipe and instructions for making pencil... pretzels:
02 of 04
Supplies for Pretzel Pencils:
- large stick pretzels
- yellow melting chocolate
- microwave safe bowl
- wax or parchment paper
- red spice gum drops
03 of 04
1. Place your melting chocolate into a bowl. Follow the instructions on the chocolate package for melting in the microwave (melt the chocolate in the microwave in 30 second intervals, checking and stirring between each interval).
2. Dip your pretzel stick into the melted chocolate, covering 3/4 of your pretzel. Keep the bottom 1/4 plain for handling.
3. Place them onto wax or parchment paper.
4. Add one red gum drop to the top end of each pretzel, to represent an eraser.
Optional: You can add... brown chocolate to your yellow pretzel to add the letters and words that are found on pencils!
5. Let your pencils harden. You can place them in the fridge for a little bit to speed up the process.
04 of 04
These delicious and cute "pencils" are just what kids would love to have as they finish their homework! A yummy treat to celebrate school. You'll have all sorts of pencils at the homework table!