Pretzel Pumpkins have only 3 ingredients, can be made in 10 minutes and will soon be your new favorite fall or Halloween candy.
Pretzel twists are dipped in orange coating and topped with a small green candy. It's simple, but it's so good! And since they're so fast to make, it's easy to whip up a few trays for a party or movie night. You can also make this with large pretzels–consider using a piece of green licorice for the stem if you go big!
- 1/2 cup green candy-coated sunflower seeds (or green M&Ms)
- 12 oz orange candy coating
- 3 cups small pretzel twists
- If you are using green M&Ms, cut them in half and set them aside for now. Prepare a baking sheet by lining it with waxed paper or parchment.
- Place the orange candy coating in a microwave-safe bowl and microwave in 30-second intervals, stirring after every 30 seconds to prevent overheating. Take it out of the microwave when there are still a few unmelted bits remaining, and stir until the final pieces melt.
- Drop the whole pretzel in the coating and submerge it slightly. Use a fork or dipping tools to pull the pretzel out of the candy coating. Let the excess drip back into the bowl, then place it on the prepared baking sheet. While the coating is still wet, press a green candy-coated sunflower seed or half of an M&M into the top of the pretzel to represent the pumpkin stem. Repeat until all of the pretzels are dipped.
- Place the pretzels in the refrigerator for about 15 minutes to set the coating. Pretzel Pumpkins will keep for up to 2 weeks in an airtight container.