Fresh mozzarella has a fresh, milky flavor and creamy texture that is delicious on pizza. However, because fresh mozzarella holds so much moisture it can make pizza watery, thus ruining a delicious meal. Is it possible to prevent your fresh mozzarella pizza from going soggy?
Fortunately, there are two easy steps you can take to avoid soggy, watery pizza when melting fresh mozzarella:
1. Slice the fresh mozzarella at least 15 minutes before putting it on the pizza and set the slices on a towel to absorb excess moisture.
Dab the top of the slices to soak up moisture, too.
2. Do not put the fresh mozzarella on the pizza until the last few minutes of cooking time. Fresh mozzarella only takes a few minutes to melt. If it melts and then continues to sit on the pizza as it bakes, the cheese will start releasing moisture.
More Recipes that Use Fresh Mozzarella
- Neapolitan Pizza Recipe
- Israeli Couscous with Mozzarella and Herbs
- Mozzarella Cheese and Piquillo Peppers
- Mozzarella and Pesto
- Eggplant Mozzarella Sandwich with Pesto
- Mozzarella with Seared Cherry Tomatoes
- Asparagus Wrapped in Mozzarella and Proscuitto