The burlap digital paper shown in the image is free for you to download here.
There are many digital crafting products that are useful for rubber stampers to incorporate into their projects. These include, of course, digital stamps, however also include a wide range of other digital craft products such as digital sentiments and word art that can be printed and added to projects, as well as digital paper.
Digital paper is a useful addition to a crafters virtual toolbox. The designs are available for you to download and print on a home computer and are widely available for purchase or for free from a variety of outlets.
What is Digital Paper?
Digital paper is a bit of a misnomer as no paper is involved! When you buy or download a sheet or pack, you are downloading the design which you then print onto paper. The designs are available in a variety of sizes, but the most popular sizes are those that can be printed easily at home on a standard home printer. The designs are available in different formats and resolutions. High resolutions such as 300 dpi will give you good quality prints.
How to Buy and Download Digital Paper
Digital paper is becoming increasingly popular and is widely available. Many online scrapbooking stores offer a range of digital paper, either as part of a digital scrapbooking kit or as a digital paper kit.
Online stores that offer papercraft and card making suppliers also often have a range of digital products. Other places to look for digital paper are sites that specialize in digital products and magazines who regularly offer digital paper kits as a freebie.
Digital paper is easy to buy and download.
Unlike real paper that needs to be shipped to the customer, digital paper, like other digital products, means that the product is available for instant delivery or download. There are two main ways to receive digital paper. The first is as an email attachment, the second is by download from a website. Digital papers are often found as part of a kit which includes other digital items. If you don't want these other items simply discard what you don't want after download.
Where to Find Free Digital Paper
Free digital paper is a great way to try using digital products in your projects. Here are some digital paper freebies for you to download and use in your handmade cards and scrapbooking projects:
- Origami Paper - free printable 6 x 6" origami paper which can also be used for rubber stamping and craft projects
- Gingham Papers - these pretty digital papers are just one of many sets of digital papers available on The Spruce. You will also find papers as part of digital scrapbooking kits with other printable elements that match and coordinate with the designs.
- Garden Laughter - fYou will find many other kits available for free here which include digital papers.
- Fab Colors - these fun and funky colors will make a wonderful addition to many projects.
Printing Digital Paper
While digital paper itself is low cost or free, the cost of printing the paper shouldn't be overlooked. Large highly colored sheets of paper can certainly suck up the ink, and as such the printing costs can add up over time. Remember that different quality inks will give varying results. A low cost economy ink may not give the same results as a high quality set of printer inks.
How to Use Digital Paper
Once printed, digital paper can be used like any other decorative papers. Use the paper as a background for handmade cards or scrapbook pages, add panels of decorative paper to projects and cut shapes out of odds and ends of paper to use as embellishments or accents. Digital paper can also be used in digital craft projects such as digital scrapbooking.
Tips for Using Digital Paper
Here are some tips for making the most from digital paper:
- Match the quality of paper you use to print the paper to the project. If you are making a very special card, for instance, ensure you print onto good quality paper. Low quality paper may reduce the overall appeal of the finished project.
- Use a computer program to crop the paper design and only print what you require. This will help to reduce printing costs.
- Store packs of digital paper on your computer in folders that are clearly labeled. This will help you find the papers at a later date.
- When you download any item from the Internet, make sure you download from a reputable website and use a virus checker to make sure that the are no unwelcome surprises.