This dirt dessert recipe is a great cooking activity for kids. Made with chocolate pudding, crushed Oreos and gummy worms, these pudding dirt cups are as fun for the kids to make, as they are tasty to eat. No baking or heating necessary!
This Oreo dirt dessert also makes a terrific Halloween party recipe, especially for kids who enjoy being grossed out.
If you're serving a crowd or don't want to make individual cups, try this Dirt Cake recipe. You can even put it into a clean ceramic pot with worms, which really makes it look like dirt!
- 2 cups milk (cold)
- 1 package instant chocolate pudding (4-serving size)
- 8 oz. whipped topping (frozen, such as Cool Whip, thawed)
- 1 1/2 cups sandwich cookies (such as Oreos, crushed)
- Whisk together milk and instant pudding for two minutes, until pudding is completely dissolved and. Let stand 5 minutes to thicken.
- Stir in frozen whipped topping and 1/2 cup of the crushed cookies.
- Spoon into 10 cups.
- Sprinkle remaining crushed cookies over the pudding mixture. Top with 2 gummy worms.
- Chill until ready to serve.
Another delicious way to use Oreo cookies is in a milkshake!
Try this Oreo Milkshake that pleases everyone of all ages.