Macaroni and cheese and pulled pork are combined to make an incredibly tasty casserole. Whether you use purchased pulled pork or use your own leftovers, this combination will quickly become a family favorite.
- 8 ounces macaroni, about 2 cups uncooked
- 4 tablespoons (2 ounces) butter
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour, about 1 ounce
- 2 cups milk
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 cups shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- 2 cups pulled pork, prepared (purchased or see below for recipes)
- 1/2 to 1 cup Cheddar Jack cheese blend, or a Mexican blend of cheeses
Cook the macaroni in boiling salted water following package directions. Drain and rinse in a colander.
Heat the oven to 350° F (180° C/Gas 4). Butter a 2 1/2- to 3-quart baking dish.
Meanwhile, heat 4 tablespoons (2 ounces) of butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Add the flour and continue cooking for 2 minutes, stirring or whisking constantly. Gradually add the milk, whisking to blend thoroughly.
Cook, stirring, until thickened and smooth. Stir in the ground mustard, salt, to taste, and freshly ground black pepper. Add the cheese and cook, stirring, until melted.
Combine the drained macaroni with the cheese sauce, blending well.
Heat the pulled pork on the stovetop or in the microwave until hot (or as package directs if you use purchased).
Spoon the macaroni and cheese mixture into the baking dish. Top with the pulled pork. Sprinkle the pulled pork with 1/2 to 1 cup of the Cheddar Jack cheese.
Bake for about 20 to 25 minutes, or until the casserole is hot and the cheese has melted.
You Might Also Like