This pulled pork recipe is an oven barbecued pork roast, shredded then heated with barbecue sauce, onions, and seasonings.
It's an excellent dish for a party or big meal, or freeze the pulled pork in batches. Keep it warm in the slow cooker for a party.
- Lay a large sheet of heavy duty foil in a roasting pan (large enough to wrap the roast).
- Place pork roast on foil. Rub pork all over with garlic and seasonings. Arrange onion slices over top.
- Wrap foil around the pork roast.
- Bake at 350 F for about 4 to 5 hours, to about 185 F. The meat should be falling apart.
- Let the roast cool a bit, then begin to shred with forks or chop, discarding as much of the excess fat as possible.
- Sauté chopped onions in a little oil until tender.
- Put shredded pork in a slow cooker or a large saucepan or Dutch oven.
- Blend in vinegar and barbecue sauce, along with the cooked chopped onion.
- Heat thoroughly on LOW setting or over low heat.
- Serve hot on split toasted buns, coleslaw, and beans if desired. Also great with potato salad for a bigger meal.
More Pork Roast Recipes