01 of 06
DIY Graduation Banner
Celebrate your family's graduates huge milestone by honoring them with a party complete with a do it yourself graduation cap banner. This stylish banner is perfect for hanging over the party buffet tablet, and can be made in a few minutes using yellow yarn and black sheets of paper.
Continue to 2 of 6 below.
- 2 sheets of 12 x 12" or 3 sheets of 8.5 x 11" black card stock
- Yellow yarn
- Clear tape
- Ruler (if using 8.5 x 11" card stock)
02 of 06
Step 1: DIY Graduation Banner
Continue to 3 of 6 below.
- Wrap yellow yarn around the width of 4 fingers several times (between 6-10 times) to form the tassel and leave around 4 inches of extra yarn to use to tie the tassel. Cut the end of the yarn.
- Take the cut end of the yarn and wrap it around the top of the formed tassel to hold it together at the top. Tie a knot.
03 of 06
Step 2: DIY Graduation Banner
Continue to 4 of 6 below.
- Cut the bottom of the loops on the end of the tassel with scissors.
04 of 06
Step 3: DIY Graduation Banner
Continue to 5 of 6 below.
- Fold the 12 x 12" sheet of card stock in half twice so that you are left with 4 equal squares. If using letter size card stock measure and out two equal sized 6 x 6" squares on each sheet of paper.
- Cut out all the card stock squares
- Using a sharp pencil poke a small hole in the middle of each card stock square.
05 of 06
Step 4: DIY Graduation Banner
Continue to 6 of 6 below.
- Take the string at the end of the tassel and string it through the hole in the center of the card stock square. Tie a knot on the back of the card stock to hold the tassel in place. Repeat this process with each cut square until they all have tassels attached.
06 of 06
Step 5: DIY Graduation Banner
- Cut a length of yellow yarn that is 6 feet long, or to the desired length for the banner.
- Equally space out the black paper graduation hats along the yellow yarn and tape the back of the hats to the string to hold them in place.
- Tape the ends of the string to the wall to hang the graduation banner.