A homemade barbecue sauce mixture flavors these tasty chicken quarters. This dish is quick to fix, easy to cook, and very budget friendly. The homemade sauce is easy, but if you're pressed for time, use purchased barbecue sauce.
This baked chicken can be made with whole chicken legs, chicken leg quarters, or thighs. Or use a combination of pieces.
- 4 to 6 chicken leg quarters
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon molasses
- 3 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon liquid smoke, optional
1. Heat oven to 425 F. Lightly oil a 9-by-13-by-2-inch baking pan or spray with nonstick cooking spray.
2. Wash the chicken and pat dry; brush with the oil. Arrange the chicken quarters in the baking pan.
3. Bake the chicken for 30 minutes.
4. Meanwhile, bring the sauce ingredients to a boil in a small saucepan. Cover and simmer for 15 minutes.
5. Drain fat and juices from the chicken then spoon the sauce over the chicken quarters.
Cover the pan tightly with foil and bake for 15 minutes longer, or until chicken is tender and juices run clear.