These popcorn balls are a snap to make with freshly popped popcorn, sugar, and corn syrup. Make these popcorn snacks for a party or game day gathering.
- 1/4 cup corn oil
- 1/2 cup popcorn kernels (about 4 quarts popped)
- 1/2 cup dark corn syrup
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- butter, for hands
- Heat corn oil in a 4-quart saucepan over medium heat for about 3 minutes. Add popcorn. Cover, leaving cover just slightly ajar. Shake frequently over medium heat until popping stops.
- Meanwhile, mix together corn syrup, sugar, and salt.
- Add the syrup mixture to the popped corn in the pan, stirring and tossing constantly over medium heat for 3 to 5 minutes, or until sugar is dissolved and popcorn is evenly coated with mixture.
- Remove from heat.
- Using buttered hands, gently shape the popcorn mixture into balls.
You Might Also Like