This vegan biscuit recipe is quick and easy and uses just five simple ingredients to make classic biscuits. Top your vegan biscuits with a homemade vegetarian gravy. You might also want to try these vegan sweet potato biscuits.
This recipe uses no milk, butter, eggs, or other animal products. If you're not sure what a vegan is, you'll want to check out this simple vegan definition. Most non-vegan biscuit recipes and mixes use milk products or call for them to be added. But you don't have to give up enjoying biscuits because you've adopted a vegan lifestyle.
For equipment for this recipe, you'll need a rolling pin, baking sheet, and an oven. You'll want to wear an apron to keep flour off of your clothes. And, be warned, you'll be rolling them out on a floured surface, so there will be clean-up afterward.
With plenty of five-star reviews, you can be confident that these vegan biscuits will work well for you. Check out what this reviewer wrote: "I have been struggling with various vegan biscuit recipes, many from vegan cooking icons. This recipe has been the easiest and quickest to follow with the best results." Enjoy!
- 2 cups flour
- 1 Tbsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 4 Tbsp. vegan margarine
- 3/4 cup soy milk (or any vegan milk substitute)
- Pre-heat the oven to 450 degrees.
- Put all the dry ingredients into a bowl. Using a fork, blend the margarine into the dry ingredients until the mixture breaks down into fine particles.
- Add the soy milk and stir until the particles cling together.
- Turn out onto a floured bread board or countertop and knead the dough for 1 to 2 minutes or until the dough is smooth. Add more flour as needed if the dough is sticky.
- With a rolling pin, roll the dough out to about 1/2 inch thickness.
- Cut the dough into rounds (a drinking glass works well if you don't have a round cookie cutter), and place them on an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes.
You can serve the biscuits hot with vegan margarine and jam or with vegetarian gravy for biscuits and gravy.
Use the biscuits to make breakfast sandwiches with vegan sausage or other toppings. They also are a great way to enjoy strawberry shortcake instead of using shortbread or poundcake.
If you're looking for more vegan recipes, you'll find plenty of vegan recipes here. If you're a novice cook, see also: More easy vegan recipes to try