Four ingredients are all you need to make this vegan cornbread recipe: self-rising cornmeal, soy milk or another non-dairy milk substitute, egg replacer and vegan margarine. Just mix it all up, bake it, and you've got yourself the quickest and easiest batch of vegan cornbread ever.
A good vegan cornbread shouldn't be too crumbly and should have plenty of moisture. This is a super quick and easy vegan cornbread recipe using self-rising cornmeal instead of fresh corn to cut down on the preparation time.
- 2 cups cornmeal (self-rising)
- 1 1/4 cups soy milk
- 1 1/2 teaspoons egg replacer (or amount needed for 1 egg)
- Pre-heat oven to 400 F and lightly grease a small casserole or baking dish.
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients until smooth and creamy. Pour into greased casserole or baking dish.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes.
- That's it! Wasn't that the easiest vegan cornbread recipe ever?