A flavorful sweet and sour pineapple barbecue sauce jazzes up this great tasting chicken. Serve the chicken with its sauce over rice or noodles.
The dish is a very quick preparation and takes only about 15 minutes to cook. Have hot cooked rice ready, or make Asian style noodles.
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 bell pepper, coarsely chopped or cut into strips
- 1 small onion, coarsely chopped or cut into strips
- 1 1/2 to 2 pounds boneless chicken breast halves or tenders
- 1 cup barbecue sauce, any brand you like, or homemade
- 1 can (8 ounces) crushed pineapple, undrained
- salt and pepper, to taste
Cut the chicken into strips or 2-inch chunks. Sprinkle lightly with salt and pepper.
Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the chicken, bell pepper, and onion. Cook, constantly stirring, until the chicken is browned.
Combine the remaining ingredients in a bowl; pour over the chicken and vegetables and then stir to combine. Bring to a boil; cover, reduce heat to low, and simmer for 8 to 12 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through.
Serve the chicken with hot cooked rice or noodles.
Serves 4 to 6.
You Might Also Like