Discover how you can have a lot of fun playing with a rainbow with this super creative Rainbow Stew. Use this recipe, shared by a visitor nicknamed Bear, and you can create a rainbow in a bag!
How to Make a Rainbow Stew Craft
- Age Guideline: 3 Years and Up
- Time Required: 15 minutes (Does not include drying time)
The above age and time guidelines are estimates. This project can be modified to suit other ages and may take more or less time depending on your circumstances.
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 cup corn starch
- 4 cups water
- Food Coloring
- Mix together all of the ingredients in a saucepan. Stir constantly and heat until the mixture begins to thicken. Remove from heat and let cool.
- Divide the mixture into three bowls. Add a different color of food coloring to each bowl. Put approximately three tablespoons of each color into a zip-lock bag. Seal the bag and tape the top closed.
- Knead the baggie to mix colors just enough to look like a rainbow. Lay bag down on a hard surface and gently press to flatten it. You can hang it in your window when finished. You can also just play with it and see what happens to all of the colors.
More Rainbow Craft Projects
- Rainbow Loom Band Pencil Toppers: grab all your leftover loom bands from your kit and turn them into a super cute pencil toppers. Organize the bands into rainbow colors and follow these instructions to create your cool new pencil!
- Rainbow Foaming Science: watch your rainbow overflow with foam in this science experiment. Kids will love to mix these ingredients together to create a really "explosive" rainbow!
- Rainbow Colored Pasta: coloring past is so much fun and really easy to do. Make all different colors of pasta in rainbow colors with food coloring, then you can thread these pasta shapes onto yarn for fun necklaces and bracelets.
- Rainbow Markers Experiment: this project is so fun to do and really neat to watch happen. Coloring coffee filters with marker and watching them turn into something fun with water!
- Rainbow Birthday Party: celebrate with rainbows for your next birthday and all these really fun rainbow crafts and activities!