Ralph Tarulli is an expert in pool maintenance and repair of all types along with over 10 years of experience in commercial high rise construction in New York. He has worked on a wide range of types of projects in the construction sector from office remodels to infrastructure projects.
- 7+ years of pool maintenance and repair
- 10+ years of high rise commercial construction experience
Ralph's first foray into pool care was working as a pool mechanic for a high school internship. That was when he first learned how to maintain and troubleshoot a variety of different types of pools and equipment. He's worked on sand, D.E. and commercial pools using chlorine, bromine, and salt. Ralph maintained his own pool route where he was solely responsible for all repairs and preventative maintenance, Ralph took care of his family's above-ground pool.
For the last 10 years Ralph has worked as a construction superintendent for a leading interior commercial construction company working in a number of high profile buildings for many high-end real estate companies. Ralph has completed jobs ranging from simple office remodels and general building maintenance to coordinating the shutdowns of entire occupied buildings to complete infrastructure projects.
In addition to writing for The Spruce, Ralph is currently pursuing a career in building engineering.
Certifications and Licenses
- S-12 Supervision of Sprinkler Systems
- S-13 Supervision of Standpipe Systems
- S-14 Supervision of Multi-Zone Standpipe Systems
- S-15 Supervision of Foam-Water Sprinkler Systems
- A-35 Air Compressors
- P-98 Fuel Oil Piping and Storage Systems
- Q-99 Refrigerating System Operator Engineer
- NAPE Certified Refrigeration Machine Operators License Course
- F-01 Citywide Fireguard for Impairment
- F-60 Fireguard for Torch Operations
- G-60 Torch use of Flammable Gasses
- EPA Section 608 Universal Technician Certification
- OSHA #500 - Trainer Course in OSHA Standards for the Construction Industry
- OSHA #510 - Trainer Course in OSHA Standards for the Construction Industry
- OSHA 62-Hour - SST Supervisor - Including 8-Hour Fall Protection, NYC DOB 4-Hour Supported Scaffold User & Refresher
Ralph graduated with a Bachelors of Science in Construction Management from Wentworth Institute of Technology in Boston, Massachusetts.
About The Spruce
The Spruce, a Dotdash Meredith brand, is a new kind of home website offering practical, real-life tips and inspiration to help you create your best home. The Spruce reaches 32 million people each month. Learn more about us and our editorial process, and our commitment to ensuring we are providing you with the most trustworthy advice by certified experts for your home and garden.