Berries work their magic in the raw food diet and find their way into plenty of recipes come spring and summer time. With a recipe like this one, you'll look forward to each berries time under the sun. Strawberries, blackberries, blueberries, raspberries, elderberries, mulberries all make a perfect symphony of sweetness to be drizzled (or poured) over anything you want to love more! Whether it's raw granola, lime ice creme, raw cupcakes, chocolate truffles, or a simple bowl of bananas, this sauce adds that extra yum and puts a smile on your face.
- 2 cups fresh berries (or one 10-ounce bag of frozen berries)
- 1/4 cup Agave nectar or raw honey
- Pinch of sea salt
- Blend all of the ingredients together until smooth.
- Adjust sweetness to your liking. If you would like to remove the seeds, pour the sauce through a fine mesh strainer or cheesecloth.
- Serve immediately or store in an airtight container in the fridge. Enjoy (on everything)!