Think you can't enjoy soup on a raw vegan diet? Think again!
This flavorful and fully raw food soup recipes is surprisingly filling and bursting with fresh flavors, but be sure to use the best quality and freshest ingredients you can find for the best possible taste. Made from a bounty of fresh produce including tomatoes, cucumber, red bell pepper, garlic and some chopped fresh herbs (either parsley or cilantro, your choice), this simple and easy raw vegan red pepper gazpacho soup is best after allowing all of the ingredients to mingle for several hours or overnight, so make it well in advance if you can. This gives the soup time to fully develop all the richness of its flavors.
Enjoy your simple homemade gazpacho at room temperature or chilled, and garnish your raw gazpacho soup with fresh chopped parsley or cilantro.
If you're not eating a fully raw vegan food diet, you might want to drizzle a little cold pressed olive oil and sprinkle a little sea salt or kosher salt on top, or, give it a squeeze of fresh lime juice just before serving to help the flavors really burst. A bit of hot sauce is another option if you're not on a fully raw vegan food diet (or some minced chiles if you are eating fully raw). Another option? Add in some diced avocado to fill it out a bit, as the rest of the ingredients are fairly light.
- 5 medium sized ripe tomatoes, chopped (use the best quality and freshest you can find)
- 1/2 cucumber, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper (yellow or orange will also work if needed)
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/4 cup water
- Dash cayenne pepper, or to taste (optional)
- 2-3 tbsp. fresh parsley or cilantro, chopped
- 1 avocado, diced (optional)
- First, in a blender or food processor, blend together the chopped tomatoes, cucumber, red bell pepper, garlic, water and cayenne pepper until smooth (or until just a little chunky, if you prefer your gazpacho to have a bit more texture!).
- Next, gently stir in the optional diced avocado and chopped parsley, stirring to combine well.
- If possible, chill your raw vegan gazpacho for at least two hours to let the flavors mingle and fully develop and combine.
- You might want to taste and adjust the seasonings to taste. A little squeeze of lime or lemon or a touch of salt can help bring out the flavors even more.
- Serve your raw vegan gazpacho soup chilled or at room temperature and enjoy!
Want to make it a full raw vegan meal? Serve it alongside some homemade dehydrated raw vegan flax crackers, or try this raw vegan flaxseed bread, or, pair your red pepper gazpacho with a creative raw vegan salad.