01 of 02
25 Reasons You Should Feel Proud of Being a Single Parent
As a single parent, you have much to feel proud of!
Continue to 2 of 2 below.
- You're on call 24/7.
- You make sure the kids are up in time to get ready for school each morning.
- You kiss every boo-boo.
- You recognize your children as uniquely gifted and valuable individuals.
- You tuck them in at night and make sure they're getting enough rest.
- You plan every birthday celebration.
- You make breakfast, lunch, and dinner every day.
- You help your children with their homework.
- You've created a warm and loving home.
- You're the... one who gets up at night when they're sick.
- You're also the one who misses work to take care of them.
- You've taught them the value of friendship.
- You plan fun activities like roller skating, bowling, and hiking.
- You teach them the value of hard work.
- You demonstrate the value of money by spending carefully.
- You help your kids make good decisions on a daily basis.
- You answer their questions about the other parent.
- You read to them.
- You're the one keeping an eye on how much TV they watch.
- You've learned to organize every aspect of your lives.
- You know the difference between "wants" and "needs."
- You've taught your children to be responsible for themselves.
- You demonstrate resilience and determination every day.
- Your kids know they're loved.
- Your kids are proud of you, too.
02 of 02
More Reasons to be Proud of Raising Your Kids as a Single Parent
(Continued from Page 1)
When we asked our readers what makes them feel proud of the work they've done raising their children, here's what they had to say:
We are the ones who answer every single question, every single day; and we seem to say "No" more than "Yes!" ~ Barbara
You are the one who takes them to school everyday and picks them up everyday. ~ Nina
I get be the first to model true love. My son will become familiar with being treated well, cherished and valued.... Hopefully, he will never settle for less. ~ Michele Scales
You look at your child with pride, knowing "I did that!" ~ Chris
When they do something that makes you proud (good grades, learn something new, overcome a challenge, etc.), there is no doubt that part of it is attributed to YOUR tender loving care. ~ Single Ma
When another adult (especially a teacher) compliments your child's manners or good behavior, you know it's because YOU taught them well. ~ Single Ma
When they are sick, they only want to be with YOU. ~ Single Ma
According to them, no one else can [fill in the blank] like YOU. ~ Single Ma
When they become adults, they will ALWAYS remember and appreciate the sacrifices you've made to provide them with the very best. ~ Single Ma
You teach your kids how to treat sales people, cashiers and other people you meet in public. ~ Susan B.