White chocolate, blue sprinkles, and red berries combine in this perfectly patriotic summertime treat! These Red, White, and Blue Strawberries are a variation on traditional chocolate-dipped strawberries, and are perfect for the Fourth of July.
I love this recipe because these strawberries are great for children to help with, and they're fast and easy enough to throw together before a picnic or potluck.Try them for your next July 4th party!
You can also vary the colors of the coating and the sprinkles to make these berries for other holidays, birthday parties, or showers.
- 12 large strawberries
- 4 ounces white chocolate or white candy coating (about 2/3 cup chopped)
- 1/4 cup blue sprinkles
1. Wash the strawberries and gently pat them dry with paper towel. Make sure they're completely dry. Place the blue sprinkles in a small bowl.
2. Melt the white chocolate or candy coating in a small microwave-safe bowl. White chocolate scorches easily, so stir it after every 30 seconds to keep it from overheating. Stir until it's melted and smooth.
3. Holding a strawberry by the stem, dip it about two-thirds into the white chocolate.
Since these are Red, White, and Blue Strawberries, make sure you leave a visible red portion at the top of the berry. Place the strawberry on a baking sheet lined with parchment or waxed paper, and repeat until all of the berries are dipped. Refrigerate the tray briefly to set the chocolate, for about 5 minutes.
4. Dip the bottom third of a berry in the white chocolate, then immediately roll it in the blue sprinkles until the bottom third is covered in blue. You can skip the double-dipping and just roll it in sprinkles the first time you dip the berries in chocolate, but I find that's messier and more difficult to control, so I like double-dipping. Repeat until all of the berries have a bottom layer of blue sprinkles.
5. Refrigerate the tray until the white chocolate is completely set, and store Red, White, and Blue Strawberries in the refrigerator until ready to serve. These candies are best enjoyed the same day they are made.
Click Here to View All Fourth of July Candy Recipes!
Click Here to View Strawberry Candies!