Everyone knows about Santa's cookies. But what about treats for the ones who are pulling the sleigh?
Reindeer Food (also sometimes called Magic Reindeer Food or Magic Reindeer Dust) is for Santa's reindeer. After all, they get hungry on Christmas Eve, too! This easy-to-make snack is going to be a fun Christmas tradition for your kids.
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 2 to 6 tablespoons red-colored sugar
- 2 to 6 tablespoons green-colored sugar
- Mix the rolled oats and sugars together in a mixing bowl.
- Transfer sugared oats to a zip-lock plastic bag, adding more colored sugar for a festive effect.
- Tie with a ribbon and attach the following poem:
Sprinkle this reindeer food outside tonight.
The moonlight will make it sparkle bright.
As the reindeer fly and roam
This will guide them to your home.
Don't forget Santa on Christmas Eve. Make him a batch of tasty Christmas cookies, too!