Short of pulling out all the tools and materials needed to spray popcorn texture on your ceiling—a major undertaking—spray can-based texturizers like Homax Popcorn Ceiling Texture Spray are about your only option for a quick repair of popcorn ceilings.
- It's an aerosol can, easy to use.
- Will spray from a vertical position.
- Produces popcorn texture without manual working.
- Multiple coats often needed to produce desired "chip" effect.
- Little coverage - a stated 6 square feet, but reviewers report far less coverage.
- Homax Popcorn Ceiling Texture Spray is popcorn ceiling repair in a can.
- Sprays vertically for easier application.
- May take multiple coats to achieve the desired popcorn texture.
- Requires significant prep.
- Not intended for initial application of popcorn texture; for repairs only.
- Can be painted to match rest of ceiling.
Homax Popcorn Ceiling Texture Spray claims to be an aerosol spray can version of the same process that drywallers and painters do when they put popcorn texture on your ceiling.
One thing that helps is you're dealing with less texturizing compound. When you're repairing a ceiling, you don't need 50 pounds--just a 14 oz. can should do it. That's exactly what Homax Popcorn Ceiling Texture Spray offers you: six square feet of popcorn ceiling texture.
One thing to keep in mind is that you don't just spray it on the affected spot and be done with it.
First, you need to fix that problem; this product will not save you from any ceiling leaks. Then, you need to scrape off the old popcorn texture, prime the area, and spray lightly once with Homax Popcorn Ceiling Texture Spray. After that, you'll need to spray two or three more light coats to build up the popcorn texture to the height of the texture on the rest of the ceiling.