Rhea Mehta, PhD, is an environmental toxicologist, integrative health coach, and healthcare innovator who is committed to helping people unlock their healthiest potential and live a more joyful life. She holds a PhD in Molecular Toxicology and Nutritional Biochemistry from the University of Toronto and a Bachelor’s in Biomedical Sciences from the University of Waterloo, with over 15 scientific publications. She also holds a certificate in integrative health coaching from the Institute for Integrative Nutrition.
- Environmental toxicity practitioner at the Center for Advanced Medicine in Toronto, Canada
- Certified Integrative Health Coach
- Founder of Living Rhea, Scientific Wellness Consultancy with a focus on research and thought leadership for purpose-driven companies and organizations
- Founder of Global Smoothie Day, a social movement to inspire health ownership and inclusion
- 16 scientific publications; 6 first-author
- Member of the MindBodyGreen Collective of global health and wellness experts
Rhea is the founder of Living Rhea, a scientific wellness consultancy with services including 1-on-1 health coaching, thought leadership, and strategic advisory. She also founded Global Smoothie Day, an inclusive wellness movement to inspire the adoption of a plant-based lifestyle. Rhea is also the co-founder of Bowhead Health, a patient-centered digital health platform, co-founder of Reset, a wellness-inspired Canadian adult summer camp and digital detox, and a featured member of the Mind Body Green Collective of global health and wellness experts, owing to her years writing for the platform and contributing as a thought leader in environmental toxicity.
Finally, Rhea is a current practitioner at the Center for Advanced Medicine and the Canadian Center for Integrative Health in Toronto, where she works with patients as part of an integrative care system to identify and eliminate toxins within their homes and lives that present as stress in the body and mind.
University of Toronto, Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences
- Direct Entry Ph.D. in Molecular Toxicology
- Dissertation: Investigating the cytoprotective mechanisms of micronutrients against endogenous toxin-induced oxidative stress (Advisor: Professor Peter J. O’Brien)
Institute for Integrative Nutrition, Nutrition and Holistic Health School
University of Waterloo, Faculty of Science
- Honours B.Sc. in Biomedical Sciences
About The Spruce
The Spruce, a Dotdash brand, is a new kind of home website offering practical, real-life tips and inspiration to help you create your best home. The Spruce reaches 32 million people each month. Learn more about us and our editorial process, and our commitment to ensuring we are providing you with the most trustworthy advice by certified experts for your home and garden.