These grilled or broiled garlic rib steaks are marinated in a mixture of garlic, soy sauce, and seasonings. Use this marinade with rib steaks, strips steaks, porterhouse or t-bone, or flank steaks.
It's a very simple marinade to prepare, but plan to let the steaks marinate in the refrigerator for at least a few hours.
For best results, check steaks with an instant-read thermometer. See the chart below the instructions for steak temperatures (rare, medium, well-done, etc.).
- 1 1/2 cups soy sauce
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 tablespoon dry mustard
- 1 tablespoon coarsely ground pepper
- 4 rib eye steaks, about 1 to 1 1/2 inches in thickness
In a large nonreactive baking dish or container, combine the soy sauce, garlic, mustard, and the coarsely ground black pepper. Add the steaks to the marinade and turn them to coat thoroughly. Cover and refrigerate for 2 to 5 hours.
Oil the grill and prepare it for high direct heat, or about 450° F.
Grill the steaks until the desired temperature and doneness has been reached. Use tongs to turn the steaks and try to limit turning to only once.
- Rare - 120° F - 125° F (48.9° C to 51.6° C)
- Medium-Rare - 130° F - 135° F (54.4° C to 57.2° C)
- Medium - 140° F - 145° F (60° C to 62.8 °C)
- Medium-Well - 150° F - 155° F (65.5° C to 68.3° C)
- Well Done - 160° F (71.1 °C) and above
You Might Also Like