Kimchi fried rice, or kimchi bokumbap, is a great way to make a delicious rice bowl out of the loiterers in your fridge. But there are times when you want a tasty meal without putting in too much work, and that's when this recipe will come in handy.
This is savory kimchi rice (or kimchee, or gimchee), but you don't need to have already cooked rice to make this happen. You briefly saute the kimchi and meat and then cook it with the rice in your handy rice cooker. It's a true multitasker's meal.
More Korean Recipes
- Place the rice and water in the rice cooker to soak.
- In a saute pan, quickly saute the pork belly (or bacon), kimchi, and bean sprouts.
- Add to the rice and water and mix to combine.
- Close the rice cooker and cook as you normally would.
- After rice is done, stir the rice to make sure everything is evenly distributed and portion into bowls.
- Garnish with scallions, if desired.