- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup sofrito
- 1/2 cup chopped ham (or cooked pork pieces)
- 2 cups rice
- 4 cups water
- 1 packet sazón
- 1 15-ounce can Pigeon Peas/Gandules (drained and rinsed)
2. Add the rice, water, sazón and gandules.
3. Bring to a boil. Let boil for 2 to 3 minutes.
4. Cover, reduce heat to medium low, and cook for 35 to 40 minutes.
Tip: Do not use a lid with a vent that allows the steam to escape. Never lift the lid while cooking.
5. When finished cooking, stir the rice before serving. It should be light and fluffy.
Servings: 4 to 6 people.