This is a simple oyster pie or scallop, made with oysters and oyster crackers, cream, and butter.
- Spread 1 cup of the oyster cracker crumbs over bottom of a lightly buttered pie plate or shallow 1 1/2-quart casserole. Sprinkle 1 cup of oysters evenly over the crumb layer. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Repeat layers of crackers and oysters 3 more times, seasoning each oyster layer with a little salt and pepper.
- Combine 1/2 cup oyster liquor and 1/2 cup heavy cream; pour evenly over the top layer of oysters. Dot with the butter.
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Let the pie stand for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Position rack just above oven center.
- Place pie on top rack; bake for 12 to 15 minutes, until top just begins to brown and oysters are hot.
- Turn oven temperature to broil (550°) and broil for about 3 to 4 minutes, until well browned. Do not overcook, or oysters will be somewhat tough.
You Might Also Like