This flavorful asparagus recipe will fit in with just about any meal. Garlic gives this combination of asparagus and mushrooms extra flavor.
Use sliced button mushrooms or use a wild mushroom assortment. If the mushrooms are small, you can leave them whole.
- 1 pound asparagus
- 8 ounces sliced mushrooms or left whole if small
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 medium clove garlic, minced
- kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Heat the oven to 425° F (220° C/Gas 7).
- Oil a large rimmed baking sheet or pan.
- If the asparagus stalks are thick, peel with a vegetable peeler.
- Bend each stalk gently; the tougher ends should snap right off. Alternatively, use a knife to trim the stalks. Discard the ends or put them aside for vegetable broth.
- Toss the asparagus and mushrooms in a large bowl or food storage bag with the olive oil and garlic until well coated.
- Arrange the coated vegetables in the prepared baking pan. Sprinkle liberally with kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Roast for 15 to 20 minutes, until tender and lightly browned.
How to Cook Asparagus Five Ways (With Preparation Tips)