Chicken thighs are not only full of flavor, they're easy on the budget, especially if you choose bone-in thighs.
A simple combination of garlic, olive oil, seasonings, and rosemary bring out the flavor in this easy roasted chicken dish your family will love.
- 6 to 8 chicken thighs on the bone, with skin
- 3 cloves garlic, pressed
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh rosemary or thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- rosemary sprigs or thyme sprigs
- Heat the oven to 450 degrees F. If using an iron skillet, put it in the oven to preheat. If using a baking pan, line with foil, lightly grease the foil and set aside.
- Combine the pressed garlic with the salt, chopped rosemary or thyme, pepper, and olive oil.
- Toss the chicken thighs all over with seasoned oil mixture.
- Carefully remove the hot skillet from the oven to a rack and arrange the coated chicken thighs in the skillet with a few rosemary or thyme sprigs.
- Return the skillet to the oven and roast for about 35 to 40 minutes, or until golden brown and cooked through. *
*According to USDA, chicken must be cooked to at least 165 degrees F. Check the chicken with a food thermometer in the meatiest part of a thigh.
You Might Also Like