Roasted garlic bread for the bread machine tastes like toasted garlic bread. It's delicious and easy to make.
- Prepare roasted garlic. After squeezing garlic out of cloves, mash slightly and measure 1/4 cup for the 1-1/2 lb. recipe.
- In small microwave-safe dish, combine butter and minced garlic. Microwave on high for 1-2 minutes until garlic is fragrant.
- Place all ingredients except the roasted garlic in bread machine pan in the order recommended by the manufacturer.
- Listen to the machine as it kneads; if it sounds rough or straining add more warm water. If the dough is too wet or soft, add more flour. This is common practice in bread machines, since flour absorbs more or less water depending on the growing conditions of the wheat and the region where it was grown.
- Add mashed garlic at the Raisin/Nut signal or 5-10 minutes before the last kneading cycle ends. Select the Basic/White cycle and use Medium or Light Crust Color. Do not use delay cycles.