Roasted garlic paste is a wonderful ingredient to keep on hand in your kitchen. Garlic paste makes a wonderful spread for bread or sandwiches. Use it to add rich flavor to soups, pasta, vegetable dips, or basted on meats.
Simple to make, garlic paste will keep for about a week in the fridge.
- 1 pound garlic heads (leave the skin on)
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Cut off the top 1/3 of the garlic heads. Place the garlic heads (cut side up) in a small baking dish. Pour the olive oil over the garlic. Sprinkle with a little salt and pepper.
- Cover the dish with a lid or aluminum foil and bake for about 45 minutes. Remove lid or foil and bake for another 15 minutes. Cloves will begin to brown. Remove dish from oven and let cool until you can handle the garlic with your hands.
- Into a medium bowl, squeeze the garlic cloves out of their skins. Using a strainer, add the oil from the baking dish to the garlic. Use a food processor or mash together with a fork until the paste has a smooth consistency.
- Cover tightly and refrigerate. Will last about 1 week.
More Great Garlic Recipes: