Roasted potatoes are a great choice for a side dish, especially for quick grilled or skillet chicken, beef or pork.
This version is seasoned with garlic and a variety of dried herbs. The potatoes are tossed with the seasonings and olive oil and then they're roasted to crispy perfection.
- 2 pounds red-skinned potatoes, cut in 1 1/2 to 2-inch chunks
- 1 large sweet onion, cut into large chunks
- 4 to 5 cloves garlic, smashed and minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon dried dill
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- Dash dried marjoram or basil
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Line a large shallow baking pan with foil; spray with cooking spray or lightly grease the foil.
- Heat the oven to 400 F.
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl or food storage bag; toss to coat thoroughly.
- Arrange in the foil-lined baking pan and bake in the preheated oven for 30 to 40 minutes, turning every 10 to 15 minutes, until potatoes are tender and nicely browned.
Tips and Variations
- The best potatoes for roasting are red-skinned, round whites, new potatoes, and long whites.
- If you prefer buttery potatoes, use melted butter or part melted butter and part olive oil.
- Bacon drippings, duck fat or lard add fabulous flavor to roasted potatoes.
You Might Also Like