These savory potatoes are easy to prepare and roast, and a combination of Parmesan cheese, olive oil, and garlic. The thyme helps flavor the potatoes but feel free to change up the seasonings. Use some oregano and basil or add more garlic. See the tips and variations for more ideas.
The potatoes come out crisp on the outside and tender on the inside. For even browning, turn the potatoes every 15 minutes.
- 2 1/2 pounds potatoes, about 6 to 8 medium red or gold potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt or garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dried leaf thyme
- 1 cup grated fresh Parmesan cheese, about 4 ounces
Line a large jelly roll pan or roasting pan with foil. Lightly oil the foil. Heat oven to 400° F (200° C/Gas 6).
In a plastic food storage bag or large bowl combine the potatoes with oil, seasonings, thyme, and Parmesan. Toss to coat thoroughly.
Spread the potatoes out in a single layer in the prepared baking pan and roast in the preheated oven for 55 to 60 minutes, until nicely browned, turning 3 or 4 times with a spatula throughout the roasting time.
Serves 4 to 6.
Tips and Variations
- Parmesan Roasted Potatoes With Parsley - Omit the thyme and toss the potatoes with 2 tablespoons of fresh chopped parsley when they come out of the oven.
- Garlicky Parmesan Roasted Potatoes - Add 4 cloves of finely minced fresh garlic to the potatoes with the olive oil.
- Italian Herb Parmesan Roasted Potatoes - Add 1/2 teaspoon of dried leaf oregano and 1/2 teaspoon of dried leaf basil along with the thyme.
You Might Also Like