If you're not a fan of spending Valentine's Day in an overcrowded restaurant with dozens of other celebrating couples, staying in on Valentine's Day has its advantages. You can exclusively focus on each other, take your time while privately celebrating, and you won't have concerns about poor food, service, or surprise costs. Make your date night a success with these romantic ideas designed to pamper your partner. Remember, you can never have enough roses or heart-shaped items on Valentine's Day.
Prepare a Fireside Picnic
For a cozy night together, pull your sofa in front of a roaring fire. If it's not convenient to move furniture, set up a comfortable air mattress and camp out in front of the fire. Set the scene with sparkling water or champagne on ice. Elevate the romantic ambiance with these little touches:
- Serve a home-cooked meal or order in your favorite food and serve it all on elegant plates to celebrate the night.
- Pack a picnic basket filled with romantic treats instead of a full meal.
- Roast marshmallows in your fireplace and build s'mores for a sweet treat.
- Have a book of love poems open to read, create a bucket list together, or write love letters to read to each other by the fire.
- Put out pairs of soft socks to make it more comfortable to curl up on the sofa or to cuddle on the air mattress.
Stroll Down Memory Lane
Get cozy and thumb through old photo albums. Or, create short videos about how you met and memories of your first date. Sharing romantic and nostalgic moments can be a powerful way to reconnect.
Make It a Spa Night
Help your loved one unwind on Valentine's Day with a surprise spa night. Put together a Valentine's Day spa date basket filled with special heart-shaped soaps and bath bombs, scented bath salts, and soft red or pink body sponges. Make your home as relaxing as possible with dimmed lights, soft music, and these simple yet calming experiences:
- Draw a hot bath filled with stress-reducing items, such as a few drops of lavender essential oil, and drop in a few rose petals for an extra Valentine's Day touch.
- Give your bathroom a romantic spa vibe with flickering candles, glasses of wine, and heart-shaped chocolates by the side of the tub.
- Offer a massage or foot rub including a scented exfoliating rub, a body oil, and a moisturizer.
- Warm a set of plush and luxurious towels in the dryer and have them waiting nearby.
Create Culinary Treats
Rather than a full meal, nibble on a feast of aphrodisiac foods and desserts. If an evening celebration isn't an ideal time, opt for breakfast in bed, a most romantic way to celebrate the day. Or, try dinner in bed with muffins, pancakes, and jam as another unanticipated surprise on Valentine's Day. Other ideas for a foodie-inspired Valentine's Day include:
- Set up a wine and cheese party for just the two of you.
- Learn to bake and decorate a heart-shaped cake together and treat yourselves to the result.
- Bake a loaf of bread together, and enjoy warm just-baked bread with fresh butter.
- Dip strawberries in melted chocolate and chill them in the fridge until you're ready to indulge.