Ron Leshnower is a real estate attorney who has written hundreds of articles and two books on where the law, real estate, and apartments intersect.
- Real estate attorney with a J.D. from Boston University School of Law
- Author of "Fair Housing Helper for Apartment Professionals" and "Every Landlord's Property Protection Guide: 10 Ways to Cut Your Risk Now"
- Guest appearances on CBS News and NBC News for apartment-related topics
- Founder of Fair Housing Helper, which offers training for multifamily housing professionals and information on housing discrimination
- Contributed apartment living content for five and a half years
Ron Leshnower is a former writer for The Spruce who contributed articles about apartment living for five and half years. He is the author of "Fair Housing Helper for Apartment Professionals," which was a finalist in the "Business: Real Estate" category of the 2014 International Book Awards, and "Every Landlord's Property Protection Guide: 10 Ways to Cut Your Risk Now," an Amazon.com No.1 multi-category bestseller that can be found in law schools and libraries across the country.
He has appeared as an expert on CBS News and NBC News and has been quoted in The New York Times' "Real Estate Q&A" column, Realtor.com Advice, MainStreet.com, Debt.com, The Associated Press' "Your Money" series, the New York Daily News, Black Enterprise, Bankrate.com, the Real Estate Intelligence Report, Minyanville.com, and the Landlord Law Report, among other publications.
He is the founder and president of Fair Housing Helper, which offers training for multifamily housing professionals, information and resources on housing discrimination, and a topical blog. Leshnower also practiced real estate law at a major New York law firm.
Leshnower's articles have appeared in the National Apartment Association's Units Magazine, on Nolo.com, and Landlordology.com, as well as in several trade newsletters.
Leshnower earned a B.A. from Yale University and a J.D. from Boston University School of Law. He is admitted to practice law in New York and Massachusetts and is a member of the Authors Guild.Awards and Publications
- "Fair Housing Helper for Apartment Professionals"
- "Every Landlord's Property Protection Guide: 10 Ways to Cut Your Risk Now"
About The Spruce
The Spruce, a Dotdash brand, is a new kind of home website offering practical, real-life tips and inspiration to help you create your best home. The Spruce reaches 32 million people each month. Learn more about us and our editorial process, and our commitment to ensuring we are providing you with the most trustworthy advice by certified experts for your home and garden.