Room and Board furniture is for the consumer looking for affordable, modern furniture.
The company has been around for over twenty-five years. Their furniture is certainly reasonably priced and lives up to the promise of quality and durability.
Room and Board manufactures and carries a complete line of home furnishings with products for all the living spaces in your home, including outdoor spaces, as well as a wide range of accessories.
Furniture design at Room and Board draws its inspiration from a range of design movements, mostly from the twentieth century. but you will find inspiration from Shaker and Asian traditions as well.
- If Mid-Century Modern is your style you can select from iconic Mid-Century Modern pieces such as Eames Compact Sofa by Herman Miller, priced at around $3,299, as well as pieces that have been inspired by that period such as the stylish 1950s inspired Anson sofa, which sells for around $1,799.
- You can find Danish Modern greats such as Hans Wegner. His Wing Chair can be found there for about $4,755 among his other classics.
- Asian inspired design with its zen sensibility can be seen in collections such as Mondo. This collection is made using traditional Chinese joinery techniques.
- The Anders bed is inspired by the work of George Nakashima, an American Craft Movement designer. The bed has mortise and tenon joinery and the oil and wax finish plays up the grain of the wood.
- The Linear collection is Arts and Crafts inspired.
- A Shaker design influence is present in the clean lines of such groups as the Hancock collection.
These different influences give you the ability to furnish your home exclusively in one style, or mix and match pieces for your own special look. In keeping with today's trend of customization, Room and Board also lets you customize your selections.
If you decide to customize, you will have to wait an extra six weeks or maybe more.
Lighting, Accessories and Outdoor Furniture
Room and Board offers multiple choices in lighting. Pendant lamps are available in a variety of styles from around $149 and up. George Nelson's pendant lamps can cost from $269 to $1,395 depending on your choice.
There are plenty of other lighting choices such as floor lamps, table lamps, task lighting, and sconces.
In addition to lighting, you can choose from rugs, accent tables, pillows and throws to accessorize your home. There is a wide range of good design and prices.
Room and Board also offers outdoor selections for seating, dining tables and cocktail tables along with umbrellas and bases.
Who Manufactures it?
Room and Board mostly partners with American manufacturers, so that most of the furniture is made domestically. This creates a smaller carbon footprint and makes it possible to keep prices low. Both traditional handcrafting and modern techniques are used to manufacture the furniture.
They also partner with international artisans who provide an added depth to the available choices.
How to Buy
There are three ways to buy from room and Board:
- You can buy online by visiting their site.
- Visit one of their stores. It's a great experience as their staff is always knowledgeable and helpful. The huge showrooms offer plenty of design ideas.
- Buy over the phone.
Phone number: 800.301.9720
Hours: Monday - Friday 8 a.m. to 9 p.m. (Central)
Saturday 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. (Central)
Sunday 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. (Central)