Room and Board furniture is ideal for those looking for modern-style decor that is affordable and well-built. Since opening up shop in 1980, they've made their reputation on offering reasonably priced furniture that is high-quality and durable and conveys smart styling. Room and Board manufactures and carries a complete line of furnishings for every room in the house, including living spaces, bedrooms, baths, entryways, offices, and outdoor as well as a wide range of accessories.
Room and Board Styling
Room and Board's signature look combines sleek, modern lines and spare detailing with natural materials like hardwood, as well as plenty of metal. There are strong hints of Scandinavian and midcentury modern influence here, along with more contemporary modern detailing. There are also some doses of plushness and coziness that ultra-modern furniture often lacks. Overall, Room and Board furniture is clean and linear but inviting and livable.
Room and Board draws its inspiration from a variety of design movements and influential designers and craftspeople. Even a tiny sampling of pieces gives you a sense of the stylistic range available:
- For a touch of midcentury vintage and a bit of plushness to boot, the André series of sofas are priced at $2,499 to $2,799, with chairs at $999 to $1,099. If leather luxury is more your thing, Macalester sofas offer a modern twist on a classic Chesterfield, priced at $4,799 to $4,999.
- The sculpted wood profiles of American woodworker George Nakashima are showcased in the Oskar hardwood chair, priced at $799.
- The Chilton dining tables are truly eye-catching, combining a geometric steel base with a top made from unique live-edge slabs of hardwood. Prices range from $1,999 to $2,899.
- "Canopy bed" seems so traditional, but the Architecture Bed may redefine this category, with natural steel construction and a striking, prismatic form. The queen size is priced at $1,099. The Hale Bed offers a similar look in wood, priced at $1,799.
Lighting, Accessories, and Outdoor Furniture
Room and Board offers numerous options in lighting. Pendant lamps are available in a variety of styles from around $149 and up. Abra pendant lamps are made of blown glass by artisans in Minneapolis, starting at $349. There are plenty of other lighting choices, such as floor lamps, table lamps, task lighting, and sconces.
In addition to lighting, you can choose from rugs, accent tables, pillows, and throws to accessorize your home. There is a wide range of good design and prices. Room and Board also offers outdoor selections for seating, dining tables and cocktail tables along with umbrellas and bases.
Who Manufactures Room and Board Furniture?
Room and Board mostly partners with American manufacturers, so that most of the furniture is made domestically. This creates a smaller carbon footprint and makes it possible to keep prices low. Both traditional handcrafting and modern techniques are used to manufacture the furniture. They also partner with international artisans who provide an added depth to the available choices.
How to Buy Room and Board Furniture
There are three ways to buy from room and Board:
- You can buy online by visiting their website.
- Visit one of the Room and Board stores. It's a great experience, as their staff is always knowledgeable and helpful. The huge showrooms offer plenty of design ideas.
- Buy over the phone.
Phone number: 800.301.9720
Hours: Monday - Friday 8 a.m. to 9 p.m. (Central)
Saturday 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. (Central)
Sunday 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. (Central)