The Rose Bowl Flea Market is a southern California legend; it has been running for more than 45 years. Up to 20,000 bargain hunters including celebrities and interior designers flock to the Rose Bowl Stadium in Pasadena each month to shop more than 2,500 booths full of antiques, vintage clothing and every imaginable type of merchandise.
Dates and Times
The Rose Bowl Flea Market is held the second Sunday of each month from 9:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. (earlier if you are a vendor or if you pay for "early admission.") The box office closes at 3:00 p.m. and there are no further admissions. It is open rain or shine.
Cost of Admission
Tickets may be purchased in advance online at the EventBrite site or over the phone (323-560-7469) with a credit card. Tickets can also be purchased in-person at Gate “C” on the event morning, by cash or credit card.
There is free parking. No pets are allowed, only service animals. Make advance reservations for tour groups to receive VIP bus parking and admission discounts.
- $9 regular admission from 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
- $12 express admission from 8:00 a.m. to 9:00 a.m.
- $15 early admission from 7:00 a.m. to 8:00 a.m.
- $20 preview VIP admission from 5:00 a.m. to 7:00 a.m.
- Children under 12 admitted free with paid adult
There is little you will not find at the Rose Bowl Flea Market, whether it is new, antique, or just old. You will find items to furnish your home, landscape your garden, cook dinner, start an art collection and update your wardrobe.
- Antiques and collectibles
- Vintage clothing
- Furniture, fine antiques to funky vintage
- Arts and crafts of all kinds
- Produce and specialty food items
- Lighting and mirrors
- Ceramics, glassware and dishes
- Vintage kitsch
- Architectural salvage
- Jewelry, new and old
- Vintage outdoor furniture and accessories
- Vintage paintings, prints and sculpture
- Plants, trees, and shrubs
If you opt to pay extra for early admission, be sure you are staying long enough to make it worthwhile. Vendors may not be completely unpacked and ready for business until 9:00 a.m. when regular admission begins.
Merchandise is arranged by type. There is a color-coded map to shop the areas that interest you. Orange has antiques. White also has antiques, particularly vintage clothing. Blue and pink have new merchandise. Check the Flea Market Map for layout.
Dealers are willing to haggle all day, but you will probably get the best deals from 3:00 p.m. to 4:30 p.m. when the box office is closed and the sellers are packing to leave.
Some quick tips include:
- Many food concessions are available, but they are pricey. Bring your own bottled water.
- This place is big. Wear comfortable shoes and bring tote bags or a rolling cart, along with the rest of your flea market toolkit.
- Wear sunscreen and consider taking a hat.
- ATM machines are available, but the lines are long and there is a hefty fee for using them. Stop for cash on your way to the flea market instead.
- Take your own strollers and wheelchairs if you think you will need them. No rentals are available.
How to Be a Vendor
Booth pricing ranges from $60 to $250, depending on the size and location of your space. One vehicle is allowed per space rental and trailer space is available for an additional cost. Set-up hours are from 4:00 a.m. to 6:30 a.m.
There are no refunds on space rental (not even for rain). If you sell at the Rose Bowl Flea Market more than twice in a year, you must have a California resale number.