Rose quartz is a naturally occurring crystal mineral that embodies feminine energy. In feng shui, we call this yin qi. This stone’s soft, pink hued presence promotes healing, love and peace. It's one of our favorite stones, and it's all about connecting with your tender heart with true compassion.
- Colors: Variations of pink, from a pale to a deep pink, usually translucent
- Chakra: Works with all the chakras, especially the heart and crown
- Number: Vibrates to 7
- Planet: Venus
- Zodiac: Rabbit, Taurus, and Libra
- Bagua areas: Relationships (Kun)
- Elements: Earth
- Origin: South Africa, United States, Brazil, Japan, India, Madagascar
Meaning and Uses
If you’re working with love, self-care and heart healing, this is the stone for you. Rose quartz is a type of quartz with the addition of manganese or titanium which gives it it’s rosey color. It’s one of the most well known and popular of all the crystals because it works with love, the most important energy.
The color pink is associated with the Relationship (Kun) area of the feng shui bagua map. In feng shui, pink and Kun position is connected to self-care, feminine energy and love. The other aspects of Kun include: marriage, partnerships, the mother, self-love, the internal and reproductive organs, and so on. Because of its connection to Kun area, rose quartz is excellent to invite a partner if you’re single. In feng shui the colors pink and peach are used to attract love into your life. We call this “peach blossom luck”.
Rose quartz also opens and heals the heart chakra. This stone is perfect for all aspects of love including compassion for yourself, or finding a true lifelong partnership, and mending a broken heart. This stone connects to you on an emotional level with gentleness to heal whatever needs healing.
Types of Rose Quartz
Crystal stones come in all sorts of shapes and sizes. Rose quartz tends to be on the smaller side. When you purchase a stone, be sure to tap into your heart center and see what you’re drawn to. Your intuition is intelligent and will direct you towards exactly what you need.
Here are some types of rose quartz recommended for feng shui use.
Natural or Rough
If you need a bit more raw yang qi, you may be drawn to rough crystal pieces of rose quartz. They are less processed and polished than the tumbled versions. Sometimes this is helpful when you have some thick skin to work through.
I’ve found that tumbled pieces of rose quartz work the best for most feng shui applications because they have been softened and polished. Tumbled stones generally have a gentler yin energy than their raw counterparts.
Tumbled crystals can be polished into many different shapes. My favorite for feng shui applications is the heart shape. It doubly reinforces the connection to the heart.
Feng Shui Applications
Here are some ways to use rose quartz in your home's feng shui.
- You can also carry the stone around with you, such as a tumbled piece in your pocket or as jewelry. A necklace with the rose quartz pendant over your heart is especially powerful.
- Find the bagua position for Relationships (Kun) in the bedroom. Place a pair of rose quartz in Kun position of the bedroom, to attract romantic love into your life. The two pieces represents you and your future partner. This can also be used to stabilize and grow an existing partnership. Note: You can also place the pair of crystals on your nightstand.
- If you want to work on your self-cultivation in order to heal yourself, you can activate Relationships (Kun) and Knowledge (Gen) positions. With a pair of rose quartz, place one in Kun and the other in Gen with the intention to heal your own heart and increase your compassion towards yourself.
- A very simple application is to place rose quartz near the bed, or under the heart (underneath the mattress) to improve heal and open the heart.
- For the more ambitious, you can create a rose quartz water mist to spritz your home and bed linens. Create your own gem water by placing rose quartz pieces in a glass of pure spring or purified filtered water for 24 hours. The water will absorb the energetic qualities of the rose quartz that can then be sprayed in the air and on objects and furniture. It’s helpful to take time to meditate and begin to embody the energies you want to cultivate with the water while making it because your intention greatly affects the quality of the gem water.
- Using the bagua, place moonstone in the Health area (center, Tai Qi) which is the heart of your home to enhance compassion and heart healing for everyone in the home.
Cleansing and Charging Crystals
It's a good idea to regularly clean and charge your crystals, as you would any other objects in your home.
For rose quartz, I love to charge this crystal under moonlight because it's related to yin and mother energy which is connected to the moon. If you can, it's more powerful on full moon or new moon. But you can absolutely use sunlight as well.
There are many ways to cleanse a crystal, here are some recommendations:
- Soak the crystal in water with sea salt at least over night. Use approximately three tablespoons of salt for every cup of water.
- Visualize white moonlight or bright white sunlight surrounding the crystal, with the intention that the rose quartz will be cleared of any negative energy
- Smudge the stone with sage, palo santo or other smudge stick.