There are some flavor combinations that were simply meant to be and in my book the mix of tequila, lemon, and rosemary is one of those. This tall, refreshing tall drink is a perfect example of how well it works and it is ideal for spring and summer parties or lazy afternoons.
The drink's intention is to be a celebration for Earth Day, thus the emphasis on organic ingredients. While the Camarena Reposado and organic lemonade (better yet, homemade organic lemonade) make a wonderful drink with a balance of sweet and tart, it is the rosemary infused ice that is the star of the show. The directions for creating the cubes are below and I recommend using this technique in other drinks with a variety of herbs to add new life in the most subtle of ways.
Also, skip the tequila and you have a perfect pitcher of lemonade that everyone can enjoy.
- Place rosemary ice in highball glass.
- Add tequila and top with lemonade.
- Garnish with rosemary sprig and lemon wheel.
*Rosemary Infused Ice Cubes:
- 3 cups water
- 6 organic rosemary sprigs
- Pinch 12 to 15 tips from rosemary sprigs. Set aside.
- Bring water to simmer.
- Add rosemary sprigs to heated water.
- Simmer for 2 to 3 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Strain into heatproof container. Allow to cool.
- After rosemary water has cooled, pour rosemary water into ice tray.
- Add rosemary tips to individual ice cubicles. Place in freezer.
Recipe Courtesy: Familia Camarena Tequila