This salmon appetizer ball is made with cream cheese and canned salmon, flavored with a little horseradish and dill. The ball is coated with chopped walnuts and pecans.
Serve this tasty spread with assorted crackers.
- 1 (8 oz.) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped or grated onion
- 1 teaspoon prepared horseradish
- 1/8 teaspoon dillweed
- salt, pepper & garlic powder, to taste
- 1 (15-1/2 oz.) can salmon
- 3 to 4 tablespoons fresh chopped parsley
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts or pecans
- In a mixing bowl with a hand-held electric mixer at medium speed, beat cream cheese, lemon juice, onion, horseradish, dill, salt, pepper and garlic powder until well blended.
- Drain and flake salmon, removing skin and bone. Beat into cheese mixture at low speed until well blended.
- Chill until firm enough to handle.
- Shape into ball with dampened hands.
- Combine the fresh chopped parsley and chopped walnuts or pecans. Roll the ball in the mixture to coat thoroughly.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least an hour before serving time.
- Serve with crackers.
You Might Also Like